* Quality healthcare of the residents is critical to the achievement of our vision of a life of “health and harmony” during our golden years.
* We have adopted Ayurveda as our primary healthcare provider at the community; and where the Ayurveda physicians deem it fit, other medical systems like Allopathy will be applied.
* In the journey towards this vision, we will be supported by our sister institution, vaidyagrama Ayurveda healing village, around which the nivrttigrama community is being developed. Vaidyagrama, an initiative of Punarnava Ayurveda Coimbatore, currently treats patients from all over the world for both serious health issues as well as for promotive and rejuvenative healthcare through authentic Ayurveda.
* In addition to the full care inpatient facilities at Vaidyagrama, the Community shall also have an Ayurveda treatment centre within the community itself. This center will address primary healthcare problems like fever, cold, cough, diarrhea, wounds and cuts and burns; and also assist and educate the residents with regard to promotive healthcare in relation to their daily routine and diet.
* The primary promotive healthcare for the Community shall be geriatric care as prescribed by Ayurveda which includes the following -
* daily routine including taking care of the eyes, ears, nose, skin and tongue
* abhyanga or simple oil application annual or once per two years
* panchakarma for 2-3 weeks at vaidyagrama hospital once in 2 years
* internal herbs and dietary and lifestyle restrictions for specific people based on condition
There will also be an essentially equipped emergency medical centre. In the event the emergency or ailment cannot be handled by the in-house facilities or at Vaidyagrama, the same shall be cared for at nearby medical facilities as needed.
A palliative care center is also being planned within the community.
We are committed to creating an “optimum healing environment” where the vision of “health and harmony” can be achieved with the least possible stress. However the optimum use of this environment lies in the hands of each of the residents; it is when they take the responsibility for their own life and living and healing, that this environment responds to their health needs.
India today experiences the emergence of nuclear families with children / grandchildren mostly living far away from their native locality or abroad. Many of their inherited/existing homes are increasingly becoming more difficult to maintain or even to live in. There are thus an increasing number of people in their sixties that are faced with the prospect of having to live their post sixty years alone. With the increase in life expectancy this has easily become 25 years or more post retirement. Not only do they have to live alone, but they are further burdened with the need to cook, clean and maintain their living premises all by themselves.
nivrttigrama, a joint initiative of Punarnava Ayurveda Trust and Vaidyagramma Community Trust, is an idea born out of this reality to create a visionary path to retired life in a community that provides one with dignity, harmony and health in a sustainable manner.