The layout and facilities in the residences shall keep in mind the needs of the primary residents of over 60 years of age as well as the needs of others who might reside along with them.
Some features of each residence include –
* foyer, bedroom, bathroom, balcony & kitchenette will form the base unit
* based on unit size, the residence will have 2 or even 3 bedrooms and associated facilities
* all residences shall be based on vastu principles the primary styling will be along Kerala architectural lines
* the construction material used will be eco-friendly like rammed earth, stabilized soil blocks and other material which is mostly locally available
* running hot water facility, 24 hours power backup, television, broadband internet and other amenities will be provided to make for a comfortable contemporary residence, including air-conditioning in the bedrooms for those who desire it, even though our experience over the past several years at Vaidyagrama is that the constantly flowing cool winds from Western Ghats makes this unnecessary
* no boundary walls and the clustered units will be surrounded by open spaces filled with flowering plants, shading and fruit trees
The common facilities include –
* all residences will be connected with walkways
* only vehicles powered by alternate energy will ply in the residential areas – this includes golf cars, bicycles etc.
* guest residences will be available to those wishing to experience the living style of the community for a period of time before entering into it
* kitchens catering to different cuisines as well as dining area where all the food for the residents is prepared according to holistic principles and prepared using wholesome materials
* store that caters to the other daily and specialneeds of the residents.
* meditation and yoga space, recreation space, walking paths, performance halls are some of the other facilities that are being planned
*security for the Community shall be achieved without ‘walling in’ the Community, and relying more on modern communication and surveillance. All efforts will be made to seamlessly merge the Community with the neighboring society without compromising the security of the residents